Ask any Malaysian, and they will tell you that one of the best industries to work for in this day and age is the banking industry. For many locals, having a banking career in Malaysia proves to be one of the best ways to secure financial success in the future. But there are still others who question the benefits of the job. If you’re stuck at a crossroads and wondering if you should pursue a bank career, these 6 reasons should tell you why you definitely should.
- Lots of Opportunities – Among the most beneficial aspects of working in a bank is the fact that it opens a lot of doors for those who take on the chance. Because a banking career teaches a professional the many different aspects of money management, they can join any other industry as a professional in finance. Many of those who have well-established careers in the banking industry have found opportunities with other companies in completely different industries.
- Global Careers – If you’re good enough at what you do, your employer can send you out as an expatriate to oversee operations in other branches around the globe. Anyone who wants to be able to live and work in a distant country can do so with a banking career, especially if the establishment you’ve chosen to work for has numerous other branches and sister institutions in other parts of the globe.
- Good Compensation – While the salaries and compensation provided to banking employees can vary depending on position and location, it can be said that banking salaries are very competitive across the board. What’s more, bankers can expect to have weekends and holidays off guaranteed, and shouldn’t expect to have inconvenient overtime schedules, as banks follow strict working hours, ending all transactions by around 3 in the afternoon.
- Fun Team Building Events – Depending on the department you’re assigned to, there are lots of opportunities for developing team working skills when you take on a job in a bank. For instance, some departments take part in annual sporting events that put teams from different banks against each other to test team work. Banking admin departments also see the importance of team building which is why they see to it that employees are always given the chance to work together.
- Understanding Banking Products and Services – Anyone and everyone uses banking services, and that’s why it’s great to work in a bank. By spending some of your professional life working for a financial institution, you can learn more about the products and services offered, and use this information to your benefit, so you can maximize the way you manage and use your own finances.
- Easy Loan Application – If you’re hoping to take out a loan, it might be easier to get a better deal if you’re working for the bank you plan to borrow from. Aside from the fact that they probably already have an idea as to your financial situation, banks often offer special preferential rates to employees as one of their benefits. This way, you can enjoy much lower rates on your loan, which can make it easier for you to meet deadlines and make payments in the long run.
Are you ready to tackle a career in the banking industry? Keep these 6 benefits in mind and make the right choice when you decide where to take your career. Take your chance with a banking job today, and find out just why millions of others strive for this career opportunity.